Someone turning 21 or celebrating a birthday? Don’t be boring and give them a bouquet of flowers, be unique and give them a bouquet of alcohol! Follow this easy guide to make your own bouquet of nips!
- Oval Black Metal Pail
- Large Packages of Tinseled Pipe Cleaners
- Large Packages of Colored Pipe Cleaners
- Alphabet Stickers
- Number Stickers
- Decoration Stickers
- Spray paint
- Medium package of decor rocks / gems
- Large square of Styrofoam
- 21 Wooden Thin Dowels or Kabob Sticks
- 21 Assorted 50ml. sample liquor bottles
- Long Tinsel Swirls
- Bunch of Color Assorted Silk Flowers
Step by Step Instructions
- Take the pail on a covered surface and put it upside down. Use the glitter spray paint and evenly coat the pail to add a sparkled effect. You can use as little or as much as you’d like.
- Using an exacto knife, cut ovals out of the styrofoam square. Layer the styrofoam ovals into the pail. You will want about 3 layers in the pail to be able to uphold the weight of the bottles.
- After the pail has dried from the paint, Decorate the pail with the stickers that you have chosen. (For mine, I put wrapped around 21 candles from front to back, and scattered the swirls to add extra decor. You may also want to use a ruler to help center and space the writing on the front.
- Organize your color patterns and figure out what colors you’d like to stick with for the main theme.
- Take one tinseled pipe cleaner and one colored pipe cleaner and begin to tightly wrap around the wooden dowel. (If you want, you can try to match the bottles colors). Begin wrapping about 2 inches above the bottom of the dowel and continue your way up. I used 4 pipe cleaners per wooden stick.
- Once you get towards the top, choose the bottle that you would like and begin to tightly wrap around the neck of the bottle. You will need to wrap it around once, then tie in between to make sure it’s tight. The tighter you can wrap it the better the bottle will hold.
- Repeat step 6, another 20 times.
- Once all 21 bottles are wrapped and tied to the wooden sticks, you can begin to put them into the pail by pushing the stick into the styrofoam. You can arrange the bottles many different ways according to the overall look you are going for.
- After you are satisfied with your arrangement, you can add in some tinsel swirls for an additional decoration.
- Arrange the silk flowers around the rim of the pail.
- Lastly, take the package of the decorative rocks and empty them into the pail to cover the styrofoam and add additional weight to hold the dowels in place.
….. And there you have it. A perfectly unique Birthday gift!